Math Teacher had a department meeting Saturday morning (!!) so our run will be Sunday. So I got the long run out of the way – a nine miler with a friend from the budget department at work. She’s a born runner – tiny, lithe, fast – but she was willing to hold a 10:30 pace with me while we tackled a big chunk of the half-marathon course for Capital City. (THANK YOU!!!) Oh, and let me not forget to mention it was the part with ALL THE HILLS...
|Mile 2, San Francisco Street; Mile 4, Legion Ave; Mile 5, Eastside Street.|
So given that, I'm quite happy with the pacing.
- Running with a friend! So much better mentally than taking it on alone.
- Fueling - peanut-butter toast with juice for breakfast; gel at mile 6 (should have taken it a bit earlier, but I forgot), and a bottle of Nuun for the road.
- My purple shoes also felt wonderful throughout. Nice to know.
- the tights with the zipper down the back … not sure what I’m going to do about them. I wore them Wednesday and the zipper chewed up the skin along my Achilles quite painfully. I had planned to wear the tights again today, but the skin is still raw – I couldn’t stand the chafing. I think if I wear mid-calf socks under it will be fine, but I can’t try again until the skin fully heals.
- Between that and a couple stupid little owies I’d given myself this week, I had my concerns (seriously, who bruises their foot by crossing their legs? Me. I’m so very talented.) but thankfully they didn’t affect the run. Maybe next week, I can be a bit more careful in the day-to-day stuff. Or, just not allow myself to wear shoes.
- Oh – and next time, need tissues. Or another wristband. It is allergy season, after all.
* * * * * * *
Last week – I hit all my runs. It was a bit of a wonky schedule, but they all got in.
Midweek – the five-mile option with Run Like a GRRL, as well as
one ortwo four-milers, which hopefully will fit into lunch hours.
- Next weekend – an easy three miles or so, and about a 10 mile long run.