Friday, August 24, 2012

what running does for me...

(as noted by its absence, anyway)

So, I've been good.  Didn't run yesterday, didn't run today.  Focusing on resting my body and eating (yeah, forgot about that a little bit too).  All for the good, right?

Mmmm... notsomuch.

My brain is fuzzy.  My concentration is off.  I'm easily distracted.  And I keep thinking, Hm, maybe I should go for a run.

The best part?  (You'll love this one.)

Left work tonight and headed to the parking garage.  Exited the stairs on the second level and pressed the "unlock" button on my key.

No sound.

Press it again.  Crickets.

Walk over to my "usual" parking area, saw all the other "usual" cars, but not mine.

Was my car stolen?

Standing stock still in the middle of the driving lane (!!!), I'm trying to retrace my morning steps.  Dropped the kids, skipped the Starbucks... got on the highway... so if I got on the highway, I would have come in through...

oh.

Back to the stairs.  Down to the third level.  Step out of the stairwell and hit the button.

beep beep!

Yes, people, I was on the wrong floor.

I think that's enough data for a correlating relationship between running and memory, as demonstrated by lack of both.  And this, my friends, is why I run.

No comments:

Post a Comment