Sunday, September 2, 2012

Training recap – August 27 - September 2

Woohoo! 22 miles on the week! As far as running, this was the week when everything clicked.  Just what I needed after a couple tough ones – and a huge confidence builder headed into the tapering stretch.

The plan was:  A 5-miler, a 3-mile or two, and a 10-mile long run – my longest run prepping for the half-marathon.

The reality:

Monday – 3.34 miles, 36:09
Met up with Soozan for an easy lunch run for the first time in a few weeks.  So good to chat with my friend and catch up!  She’s got her big cycling trip coming up and she is SO ready.

Wednesday – 6.2 miles, 59:38
Yeah, I wrote about this one.  Just. Awesome.

Thursday – 2.8 miles, 28:10
I was sore after Wednesday’s effort, but wanted to enjoy the day.  Finally managed to dial back the first mile pace to an acceptable warmup and accelerated as I went.  Splits were 10:27, 10:15, and 7:28 (9:24 pace).  And since the cafeteria had stuffed baked potatoes for lunch (yum! And what better recovery food, really?) I just put my money in my pocket and finished my run there.  Got some awesome looks for that one, I tell ya. (hee!)
 
Saturday – 10.0 miles, 1:40:41
I wrote about this one, too.  This was a great one to get done.  It was long, I was alone, I was having difficulty with the equipment I was carrying, but got through it all and kept about a ten-minute average pace (“average” being the operative word, splits ranged from 8:09 to 11:33 and not in any particular order).  After this run, I am fully confident that my A-goal for You Go Girl! is within reach as long as I execute properly (i.e. don’t screw up).

Planned for this week:
Time to start scaling back a bit.  Plan to run two or three times during the week, 3-4 miles per time, and do 7-8 miles next weekend.  Oh – and Portland Marathon registration for 2013 opens this week.  I WILL be registered by the end of the week.

2 comments:

  1. If you're still gunning for a 2:20 Half, you'll probably CRUSH it. Girl, you are speedy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maureen! I can't wait for the run next week!

      Delete