Thursday, February 21, 2013

When did this happen???

So, this week - two mid-week runs.

Two six mile midweek runs. 

When on earth did I start being the runner who could do mid-week six milers?  When did that become not-a-long run?

I'm stoked.  I realized on my run that once I gain some confidence in what I'm doing, I start having fun doing it.  It's that way at work, at home, with my kids, in the community... and now with running.

The other midrun musing I had - I seriously look like Mrs Whatsit when I run.  Remember the character from Madeleine L'Engle's A Wrinkle In Time who wears the crazy, mismatched patterns and socks and layers?  Yeah, that's me.  Every single run.  Tonight it was red long-sleeve shirt with neon vest, white hat, crazy-pattern orange/blue bandanna on my ears, white-and-purple skirt, over black tights, and pink striped socks.  Add a headlamp, a blinkie on my back pocket, and a pair of knuckle lights and I must have been visible from at least 400 yards.  (Either that or they should not have been driving.)  I tried to get a picture of it after the run, but my arms are apparently too short to do that very well and there were no mirrors around...

* * * * *

On another note, be sure to check the "Team Weebee" page (up top, to the right) and leave a comment if you are thinking of joining our team for You Go Girl! in September.  ALL are welcome - we're basically a team-for-the-sake-of-the-discount. :)

1 comment:

  1. Great job! Running is so much fun when you find your confidence!

    I am a fan of crazy running outfits! I'm sure you looked spectacular!

    ReplyDelete